2012年5月16日星期三

Lemons and Limes

Kostasm1

Kostasm2

>> I'm sort of on a furry tract which is being strengthened here by Berlin-based designer Kostas Murkudis' new A/W 10-11 collection but I definitely haven't been seeing a lot of lemon/lime/orange citrus colours going on which makes this a refreshing A/W 10-11 foray.  I've always admired Murkudis' strict lines that play with opacity and skin revelation.  I feel like this is his most ornate collection yet cheap jerseys, adding not only his own say in the big A/W 10-11 texture story but also a more heightened sense of decoration in the choice of fabrics.  Materials such as shiny coated loden and foamed mesh and the added padding in the coats and jackets definitely need a closer inspection to fully understand what Murkudis has put into this comparably adorned collection but from pictures alone, I love that he has collided a typically summery palette with textures belonging to winter...

Kostas1 Kostas2

Kostas3

The dress coat that I would wear with nothing underneath it and a tight belt cinching the waist concealing my modesty...

Kostas5

The furry addition here looks more whimsical than lux... which for me is a good thing... it's like the token party marabou scarf has been controlled and reined into these dresses...

Kostas6 Kostas7

Kostas8

Kostas9a

Kostas10 Kostas11

The simpler shapes still remain though and I'm not gonna lie... clear PVC taut top is evoking a 90s Helmut Lang-ish kind of sexy that is mighty appealing...

Kostas9

Kostas12

没有评论:

发表评论