2012年5月1日星期二

Fo' Real

>> I feel extra good about participating in Uniqlo's UNIQLooks project, something I already felt gung-ho about  because I've been bleating on about Uniqlo since it first opened in the UK and haven't looked back since seeing as my bulging basics drawers comprises purely of Uniqlo.  The 'extra good' part is timely because Uniqlo's parent company Fast Retailing has donated 1.4 billion yen to organisations like the Japanese Red Cross, to help the situation in Japan.  In addition, a shit load of Uniqlo Heat Tech is being donated to victims and clothing bins are being set up in all Fast Retailing stores to collect unwanted clothing.  Gold lame frocks and weird lycra leggings probably isn't what they're after so I'll be rooting around the basics drawers to see what can go.  

You will have seen a few other bloggers getting in on the UNIQLooks action.  These posts will come up quite regularly over the next six months and I guess for me will serve as some sort of "Real" outfit post.  I say "Real" with exaggerated air quote gestures.  Of course all of my outfits are "Real" in the sense that I'd wear it all out and about in daily life.  That said,WE LOVE THE WEB, blogging for Glamourbeatsdreheadphonesbuybeatsdreheadphonesbuybeatsdreheadphonesbuy.com's Young and Posh network seems to indicate that what I wear is apparently NOT real.  Or not "real" enough with comments such as "How could I wear this to work?" and "Ew I'd never wear that out with girlfriends".  Valid complaints I guess.  I'm never going to serve as any barometer for some median,Replica Half X Sunglasses, population-wide average of what is "Real".  I will say though that I do have a broader range than just wearing 1000's of layers, sheer pastel things, hats and headpieces and odd proportions.  These UNIQLooks postings might serve as some sort of accessible middle ground.  At the very least most people can cough up 30 quid for the trews from Uniqlo even if they don't fancy the rest of it.  

So I begin my six month serving of "Real" with Uniqlo's skinny fit cargo trousers...   

IMG_7977

IMG_7987

IMG_7981

IMG_7995
(Worn with Wonderment orange leather collar, vintage sherbet orange jacket,monster beat headphone, ASOS one shouldered orange body, vintage camel jacket, Forget Me Not scarf, Alexander Wang wedges)

没有评论:

发表评论