2012年8月23日星期四

Clarins Wonder Perfect Mascara Is Almost Perfect

Clarins Wonder Perfect Mascara Is Almost Perfect

Advertisement



clarins wonder perfect mascara review

Happy Sunday, girls. What have you been up to today?

I’m going casual with my look but still having fun with a new product.

One thing I really love about weekends is dressing down my makeup, and Clarins has this new mascara called Wonder Perfect ($23.50, available in Black, Brown and Blue) that suits my weekend philosophy to a T.

Just one little coat of this glossy, highly pigmented mascara (I have it in Black) increases lash length, pumps up the volume and holds a curl all day long.

clarins wonder perfect mascara review no mascara
Lashes, au naturale

clarins wonder perfect mascara review  one layer
With one layer

I like the way it looks after one layer — natural with a little kick…

Two layers provides a little more lash POW while not looking too fake.

clarins wonder perfect mascara review two layers
With two layers

Pretty, yah? Maybe I can talk El Hub into taking me to dinner tonight so I can give these lashes someplace to go. :)

Easy brush, non-clumping formula

Unlike Lancome Hypnose Drama’s funky S-shaped brush, Wonder Perfect’s traditional mascara brush grabs and coats even those stubborn, stubby lashes.

clarins wonder perfect mascara review wand

Despite not being fancy or vibrating in your hand, the head distributes product well, thoroughly coating each lash from root to tip.

Curl hold and lift

In terms of curl hold, I think it’s good. It relaxes the curl from my Shu Uemura lash curler ever-so-slightly, but it delivers a lash lift that totally makes up for it, lifting them up and out where they stay put for hours.

Totally opens up my eyes — convenient, seeing as I often stay up too late reading vampire “literature.”

But, like all perfectly good products, Wonder Perfect isn’t perfect…

Slightly smudgy

The first time I used it yesterday I forgot to unload the excess mascara from the brush (by swiping it on a tissue) and got some very minor smudging by the end of the day.

No big whoop.

Combined with gloss and blush, a utilitarian mascara like Clarins Wonder Perfect makes for easy, breezy weekend makeup. The price is a tad high, but overall I think it’s a keeper. Makeup and Beauty Blog Rating: B+

Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,

Karen

Related articles:

没有评论:

发表评论